Dinner at Savoy



J's adorable Grandma insisted that we go out to dinner on her to celebrate our engagement, so Friday night we went to Savoy - it was a perfect choice not only for the food but for the ambience. Friday night was miserably cold (or at least it felt that way after such nice weather last weekend) and Savoy had a deliciously warm and cozy fireplace. The menu also seemed suited to a colder night - even the drinks felt like winter. We split the beet salad (it was good but I've had better) and I ordered the duck and J had the rabbit. My duck was probably one of the best dishes I've ever eaten, and I would go back just to order it and nothing else. The rabbit was interesting, though a little less flavorful then I had imagined it would be. We split the creme brulee for dessert, and while the idea of candy cap mushroom flavored dessert was slightly frightening, it was completely maple-y and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment